Monday, March 30, 2009

a moot point?

May I just express how often lately I have felt compelled by some unknown literary force to use the phrase "moot point". However, in my post-design college (noted in effort to glaze over my lack of vocabulary and inability to otherwise eloquently verbalize most of the storm in my mind) state, I
1. didn't know it if was "mute point"
2. or perhaps it was "mood point"
3. found myself in no discussions in which a context was found appropriate

That's why I have a blog.

Now, ladies and gentlemen... should you also find yourself drifting slowly into a world where your favorite nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs are the same four letter words, let me share with you the new four letter word that in fact CAN be used in a conference room. Meet "moot". A moot point is one that references an issue that is open to discussion or debate.

So go find yourself some moot points today. Pull out your perspective and conviction and put the moot-ness back in your life.

No comments: